As fans of any entertainment medium can tell you, you always carry suggestions in your back pocket, ready at a moment's notice for when someone asks you for one. "Watch any good movies lately?" "The Wrestler." See what I did there?
Anyway, my loaded answer for the comic book question has always been Watchmen. After all, it was the graphic novel that got me into comics in the first place, and in the twenty years since I first encountered it, I haven't read another that could call itself an equal (although The Dark Knight Returns and V for Vendetta come close, but no soup). Now, the movie comes out at midnight, less than 24 hours from now; it's really an indescribable thing to be living a day you thought would never come. I'm too excited to sleep... why else would I be up at an ungodly hour like 6:33 am?
So, to all of my loyal readers (all one of you, you being the person I'm going with to see it at midnight anyway... but I digress), I cannot overstate the point that you should immerse yourself in the Watchmen universe. Read the graphic novel (be lazy and watch the motion comic, if you must). Watch Zack Snyder's movie. Check out the forthcoming-to-DVD side-stories, Tales of the Black Freighter & Under the Hood. Rejoice. Thank me later.
EDIT: So, apparently my theatre decided that I wasn't allowed to see this at midnight, so I have to wait until at least 11:30 am tomorrow. Oh well. More later.
3 comments:
I wasn't entirely set on going to see the watchmen.
I've never been into comics as much as I would have liked
But now
now i think i will
Thank you (if it's good)
CURSE YOU (if i spend my 10.50 and it disappoints everyone)
I don't think you or I have anything to worry about. I have faith that this movie will become the ruler of all asses.
It did. My mind is still mush from how badass it is.
Post a Comment