A couple of random notes/observations from today

- I live next-door to Indians. I refer to them as my "Slumdog Millioneighbors".

- Actual exchange I heard today:
  • "You done with lunch?"
  • "Yeah..."
  • "Then, c'mon... let's smoke some dessert."
- The other day, I referred to the attributes of a scent as "the taste of the smell". Expect that to be the name of the first album by Shamwow, the Irish gangster rap supergroup formed by MC McFinnigan and Timothy O'Secks. The previous sentence was an in-joke only Derrick and Marybeth will get, so I'm sorry I left the rest of you out on that one.

- Do NOT miss the new Where the Wild Things Are trailer. The film is shaping up to be an absolutely fantastic adaptation of one of the most cherished tomes from my youth. It's still a great read, if you haven't ever experienced it... get a copy @ Amazon.

- Speaking of childhood books, I've been reminded of a funny thing my friend's step-grandfather said one day while we were stoned: we were reading The Giving Tree by Shel Silverstein, and after one of the times that the kid wants a piece of the tree, he said, "I'd tell the greedy little bastard to get fucked."

- Best Guitar Hero commercial yet:

0 comments:

Post a Comment