Chris' Quote of the Day: The Jack Kerouac Edition



"I have nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion."

"I like too many things and get all confused and hung-up running from one falling star to another till I drop."

"Man lowers his head and lunges into civilization, forgetting the days of his infancy when he sought truth in a snowflake or a stick. Man forgets the wisdom of the child."

"The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved... the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars."

"The fact was I had the vision... I think everyone has... what we lack is the method."

"Never speaks a word, can't be wrong."

"I suddenly discovered the delight of rebellion."

"You, man must write exactly as everything rushes into your head and AT ONCE. The pain of writing is just that..."

"My fault, my failure, is not in the passions I have, but in my lack of control of them."

"Maybe that's what life is... a wink of the eye and winking stars."

"Great things are not accomplished by those who yield to trends and fads and popular opinion."

"A pain stabbed my heart as it did every time I saw a girl I loved who was going the opposite direction in this too-big world."

"What's in store for me in the direction I don't take?"

"All our best men are laughed at in this nightmare land."

"Offer them what they secretly want and they of course immediately become panic-stricken."

0 comments:

Post a Comment