Holiday Rock!

For most of us out there during Christmas time, we enjoy some holiday music. We all have our favorites and the ones that annoy us or the ones you will never listen to because they are just too damn sad ("The Christmas Shoes" I'm looking at you).

Now for the majority of us, listening to the classics song by Bing Crosby, Burl Ives, Gene Autry, and Nat King Cole are utterly enjoyable. But what about your friend "Thrasher" who is a drummer in a local metal band? Surely, he enjoys the holiday music like normal folks, but when he is cruising around with his friends, blasting Brenda Lee's "Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree" may make him look like a pussy.

Fear no more! As I was perusing the internet today, I found something for you hard rockers looking for some holiday music that fits your genre.

Rob Halford (yes, the former lead singer to Judas Priest) has released a Christmas album! Dubbed "Halford III: Winter Songs", it blends classic holiday music with a metal edge. It is available at Amazon.com . There you can listen to samples if you wish to purchase. It only samples the choruses, so I am unaware of intros or solos, but sounds alright to me.

Also, it is already released at the aforementioned Amazon and it is available on iTunes. But I am sure it is also available on Limewire.

And if you find Mr. Halford to be too much for you (it sounds pretty mellow to me) there is always this for you.

Enjoy the music!

0 comments:

Post a Comment