Matt's Top 10 Christmas Videos/Songs

I figured it is close to the holidays and I figured I would post my all-time favorite holiday videos/songs. Some songs obviously have way too many artists so I picked one. Others on the other hand I enjoy. I hope they bring you some holiday cheer and make sure the speakers are pushed up to 11 and enjoy.

BTW, this list is in no particular order:

The Pogues with Kristy McColl--Fairytale of New York



While the vulgarity of the song is blatant and subtle, it does have a very charming melodic tune.

Wizzard- I Wish It Could Be Christmas Everyday


I picked up this gem while I was stationed in England. Definitely the best of the Glam Rock Christmas Era.

Wham!--Last Christmas



Say what you will, but every year people break up around Christmas. This song gives the perfect blend of heartache and Christmas cheer.

The Darkness--Christmas Time



This is what it would be like if Def Leppard made a Christmas Album.

Dr. Elmo--Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer



As a child you loved and laughed at it. Now as an adult you laugh at the blatant massacre of a family member and how your kids are laughing at it.

Dr. Seuss/Thurl Ravenscroft--You're a Mean One Mr. Grinch


Now, who did not enjoy this song?

Tom Jones & Cerys Matthews--Baby It's Cold Outside



Ah, nothing like pleading with a woman on a winter's night to stay at your home. In hopes you could get her drunk enough to have sex with you.

Josh Groban-- O Holy Night



I know the list has been pretty secular to this point, but I can not help but thoroughly enjoy this song.

Garth Brooks--Belleau Wood



This song touches on the Christmas Truce of 1914. Though, the song is a little inaccurate, it still gives me goosebumps. PS, I will write a blog about this in the near future.

Nat King Cole--The Christmas Song



I know it has Natalie Cole in it, but I could not find a video of just Nat's voice. And to me that is the only version I really want to listen to.


Well, I hope you enjoyed the list. Feel free to add some of your own. Please check back this month as I plan on showing you some more of my holiday cheer. Oh, and for anyone who is Jewish, I did not forget you. So here you go:







0 comments:

Post a Comment