What is Home to you?

home Pictures, Images and Photos




How many times have you seen this phrase sewn into pillows and hanging on bathroom walls? Have you ever really considered the statement? Because, quite frankly, it's a pretty damn sturdy, true statement.

Google tells me that a home is where you live at a particular time, a dwelling or housing that someone is living in. Google is right, but in this case, I'm more concerned about sharing my metaphorical ideas of what home is.
At 16, I obviously have a lot left to come to learn and realize, but with this being a recent...epiphany, so to speak, I feel that it should be best to keep the events leading up to the realization privately (In other words, if you really have to know, ASK!)

My definition of the word "home" is anything that can take you back to times you were happy. Things that bring back positive memories. Any thing, person, place, or idea that just ultimately comforts you the instant you return to it.
I have not exactly felt home in some time, but if someone was to ask me what my home was, I would tell them my home is in the glow of a firefly's abdomen. As a child, every summer night at my beat up trailer in the bum fucked Egypt part of Adolphus, Kentucky; for miles, all that you could see was the flashing of fireflies. For hours upon hours, I would chase them, sing to them (with them, in my imagination, they were singing too), put them in jars and name them, etc. They were all my lightening bug best friends and whenever I was pissed, sad, or bored, they helped me out. So that just goes to show you, that home is anything. Never feel unorthodox or embarrassed of what feels like home to you. I know that Chris's home is a big fat KISS album, so what could be worse than that, right? ;)

What is home to you?!
Feel obliged to send feedback or tell me
what you thought of my understanding, maybe you could help me make more sense! :)
-The Virgin Mary

0 comments:

Post a Comment