- I absolutely refuse to wear tighty-whiteys. I go commando if I have no boxer/boxer briefs options. I don't know why this is the first thing I thought to put on my list.
- For some reason, nothing excites me more than logging on, firing up Thunderbird, and seeing that I have new e-mails, or notes on Facebook and Myspace, or comments on my blogs and bulletins. It makes me feel... acknowledged. Like it confirms my existence or something. Is that sad? Or romantic...
- I play Rock Band all the time, but I just now got the hang of playing the guitar. That shit confounds me.
- My first script, Love Lies Bleeding, took seven years to complete, from first idea notes to the tentatively final draft.
- I'll always consider Led Zeppelin the benchmark for all music that I listen to, but I think Drive-by Truckers have overtaken them as my favorite band. I don't want to admit it yet, though, because it almost feels like I'm betraying Zep or something.
- I prefer juice drinks, flavored drinks (like artificially-flavored fruit drinks), teas, and other stuff like that compared to soda. I still seem to drink Dr. Pepper more, though.
- I obsess over the old Universal Studios horror movies. I worship their Frankenstein flicks.
- I could probably answer any trivia question about "Star Trek", Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, or The Dark Tower thrown my way. I'm a shameless nerd, I know.
- Will, Brandon, and I almost convinced ourselves to save a bead-paid flasher from getting arrested in Myrtle Beach by driving by and grabbing her, throwing her into the bed of Will's Dodge Ram, and peeling out of there.
- I'll always be a pro wrestling fan. Ridicule, shame, and incessant teasing won't break my spirit, so play "Hide and Go Fuck Yourselves", asswipes.
- I believe in love at first sight. The kind that hits you right in the gut like you just got blasted by "Mean" Joe Greene on 3rd and long. The intense, "I can't live without this person" kind. The kind that Lenny Kravitz and James Blunt sings about.
- I love movies, and fall asleep to them all the time. The ones I always end up picking to fall asleep to, though, is a short list: Clue and Grandma's Boy. I don't know why it's always those two, but it is.
- I worship Jason Voorhees.
- No one person, aside from my mother, has had a bigger impact on my life than Kevin Smith.
- The only beer I can drink with dinner is Sam Adams Boston Lager.
- I reached my height and weight growth limit in sixth grade. Seriously. It's in my med records. Bahlee dat.
- I once dreamed a silent movie in full length, with full color and completely accurate dialogue (based on the dialogue cards). The movie was The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari. Check it out. It's a trip. The German's really knew how to expressionism themselves.
- I think the most beautiful thing I've ever heard is the song "Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness" by Smashing Pumpkins.
- I'd never been in a fight until I was 23 years old, and it was with an older man. That also equaled the first of two arrests and jailings.
- I have never had more fun in my life than when I was in WKU's Upward Bound program.
- In my entire Academic Team career, I only ever didn't Captain one game (my first game, in Middle School... Marybeth Captained it). On a related note, I was on the Kentucky Scholar's Bowl team two years in a row, with the team placing second to Georgia both times in the Regional Finals. We almost had that second match-up.
- I've never fainted.
- Injuries: four broken left arms, one broken right arm, two broken noses, three concussions, one broken right middle finger (my favorite finger, too...), one left rotator cuff tear, one bulging disk, and torn ligaments in - and water on - my left knee.
- Before deciding to become a filmmaker, I seriously considered these professions: archaeologist, astronaut, baseball player, film critic, history teacher/Academic Team coach, freelance journalist, pro wrestler/backstage guy, and professional chef.
- And, finally, I am totally, unequivocally, irrevocably, absolutely, doubtlessly, utterly in love with Ragen Pry. There, I said it.
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
25 Things About Chris
Subscribe to:
Post Comments
0 comments:
Post a Comment