Chris' Quote of the Day: The John Hughes Edition



"I got laid off when they closed that asbestos factory, and wouldn't you know it, the army cuts my disability pension because they said that the plate in my head wasn't big enough."
- Cousin Eddie, Vacation

"What's-a happenin', hot stuff?"
- Long Duk Dong, Sixteen Candles

"You're stewed, buttwad!"
- Chet, Weird Science

"May I admire you again today?"
- Duckie, Pretty in Pink

"I do have a test today, that wasn't bullshit. It's on European socialism. I mean, really, what's the point? I'm not European. I don't plan on being European. So who gives a crap if they're socialists? They could be fascist anarchists, it still doesn't change the fact that I don't own a car."
- Ferris, Ferris Bueller's Day Off

KEITH: You can't tell a book by its cover.
WATTS: No, but you can tell how much it's gonna cost you.
- Some Kind of Wonderful

DEL: You play with your balls a lot.
NEAL: I do NOT play with my balls.
DEL: Larry Bird doesn't do as much ball-handling in one night as you do in an hour!
NEAL: Are you trying to start a fight?
DEL: No. I'm simply stating a fact. That's all. You fidget with your nuts a lot.
NEAL: You know what'd make me happy?
DEL: Another couple of balls, and an extra set of fingers?
- Planes, Trains, and Automobiles

"You know what the gourmet here wanted? Hotdogs! You know what they're made of, Chet? Huh? Lips and assholes!"
- Roman, The Great Outdoors

"I don't think I want to know a six-year-old who isn't a dreamer, or a sillyheart. And I sure don't want to know one who takes their student career seriously. I don't have a college degree. I don't even have a job. But I know a good kid when I see one. Because they're ALL good kids, until dried-out, brain-dead skags like you drag them down and convince them they're no good."
- Buck, Uncle Buck

"This is a full-blown, four-alarm holiday emergency here. We're gonna press on, and we're gonna have the hap, hap, happiest Christmas since Bing Crosby tap-danced with Danny fucking Kaye! And when Santa squeezes his fat white ass down that chimney tonight, he's gonna find the jolliest bunch of assholes this side of the nuthouse."
- Clark, Christmas Vacation

"This house is so full of people it makes me sick. When I grow up and get married, I'm living alone."
- Kevin, Home Alone

"Excuse me, I understand what you were saying to Natalie was personal. Well I'm involved with her now so this is personal, too: you hurt her and I'll hit you so fucking hard your dog will bleed, okay?"
- Dutch, Dutch

"Dear Mr. Vernon, we accept the fact that we had to sacrifice a whole Saturday in detention for whatever it was we did wrong. But we think you're crazy to make an essay telling you who we think we are. You see us as you want to see us... In the simplest terms, in the most convenient definitions. But what we found out is that each one of us is a brain... and an athlete... and a basket case... a princess... and a criminal... Does that answer your question? Sincerely yours, the Breakfast Club."
- The Breakfast Club


2 comments:

August 7, 2009 at 11:34 AM YESH said...

Great Post! He will be missed.

August 7, 2009 at 2:26 PM Chris said...

I know... I was hoping for a comeback soon, like with Michael. We're losing all of these talented people (including Farrah and Billy Mays) too soon.

Post a Comment