Garble

Let me first apologize for my long absence. I have been writing research papers for the better part of 4 weeks in school and after researching stuff for a grade, it leaves me with no steam to really contribute to this. However, this quarter is almost done and next quarter has me with three computer classes and one writing one. So, I should not have to do as many papers this upcoming quarter, so I should be able to post more.

Now, I don't have a specific topic for today's post, just random questions and statements. I know Chris posted something similar to this a few days ago, but for the moment being, it is the best way to show you what I am thinking about and what may come in future posts.

I find myself wondering how congress became frozen. I mean before Christmas they was a strong fury of debate regarding health care and other issues. Now, it seems silent on all fronts. I wonder if they know in 8 days, there unemployment extension is going to expire. Yet, I have yet to hear anything in regards to another extension or are they going to let it expire? You can have the debate of the ramifications, but all I am wondering is why is there no talk?

Is Joe Stack a terrorist? This question seems to be on the news a lot lately. While true, he was not connected to any organization, did he not try to inspire a revolution with his suicide note? Timothy McVeigh attempted to inspire revolt with the OKC bombing using the anniversary of the Waco siege as the signal of a tyrannical government. Ted Kaczynski used bombings to attempt to bring attention to a loss of freedoms and environmental issues. Yet these men are labeled terrorists. I'm not really debating the issue per se, just wondering why I haven't seen these two examples used in order to form a conclusion.

Comment sections on news websites (e.g. local news stations) should be taken down. Don't get me wrong, I love the freedom of speech, but those sections seem to be missed place. If they had forums, I guess I would be more okay with it, but they don't. There have been a number of vehicle accidents lately (it's winter and Michigan, bound to happen) and the comment sections seem to always demonize the victim. If alcohol is not a factor in the incident, the people who comment speculate that the driver was either texting, talking on their phone, or sometimes batshit crazy theories. While some offer condolences, most berate the driver as an idiot. And there is always the guy of reason who states, "The roads are bad, don't be driving in it." While that may be true if you really don't need anything, but most of these accidents happen when people are going to or coming from their place of work. Not all businesses have snow days, not all have a winter weather late policy, not all businesses are salary based, and lastly not all businesses allow you to work from home when something happens. Plain and simple people need to get to work. They take the same precautions as everyone else in terms of leaving earlier and slowing their speed. Even when trying to be safe, shit happens. A gust of wind on an icy patch can send a car off the road.

Hanging on to the media for one more topic, anyone hear that our economy grew 5.7% for the last quarter in 2009? No?!? That's weird. You would think that such a rapid expansion of our economy in 3 months, which far exceeded experts prediction of 4.8%, would be a nice newsworthy and confidence building story to publish. Sadly, that didn't happen. The reporting not the expansion. I got that nugget of information from an objective news source when it comes to American news (The Times, a London newspaper). Also, why do I need to troll other countries news outlets on my country to get objective news and information? I don't need it slanted left or right. I just want facts in order for myself to form my own opinion.

I don't see why people rag on Heroes? I like it, keeps me entertained. Is it because the second season was shorter than the first? Or is the storyline in the second season develop more slowly that turned everyone off? I think it is still entertaining.

Does Magioc Johnson still have AIDS? I mean everyone else who got it in the 80s is now dead. Sorry Chris, had to get my jab in somewhere!

The earthquake in Haiti was tragic. While I thank everything who has donated. I have something to say to the ones who for some reason opposed this. Your main argument is that these countries don't help us when shit happens to us. Not true, we had a telethon (as well as other countries) for 9/11 and for Hurricane Katrina. Also, the other argument is why help them when so many here are in need? A valid argument, but I have seen nothing of those people attempting to form anything to help out those less fortunate. Granted, some probably have given to Goodwill, Salvation Army, and volunteered their time to help, however the vast majority seem to cry out for action, but seem to be too lazy to follow through.

I find it funny that FOX tells Seth McFarlane that his abortion episode could not be aired (it will however be included in the DVD). Granted, I do not know any of the content in the said episode, but it could not be any worse than what they have done in the past. But FOX will allow an episode that has a storyline pertaining to Down Syndrome. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the episode, the actress who voiced the girl with Down Syndrome, has the ailment herself. It is humor plain and simple. My point is, if FOX thinks abortion is a touchy subject due to controversy, then what was the reasoning for this to air if it has the same level of controversy attached to it?

I've been thinking about time travel a lot recently. This is mostly due to the fact I have been watching Heroes almost nonstop. But if you could go back in time, would the events change for the whole world or just you? I mean everyone could be fine, it is just your perception of reality has changed.


I hope you all enjoy your weekend and upcoming week. I will hopefully return next week after I have completed all of my writing required for my classes. See you on the flip side.

0 comments:

Post a Comment