Darla's American Idol Round-up: The Finale

And then there were two. In what was most certainly the worst season on American Idol now to date, we find ourselves nonetheless watching our last two contestants do battle for a nationwide audience. I think that the simple fact that the most memorable moment of the season came from an overage man out for attention ("Pants on the Ground") then we know that this show may have seen it's better days!! So I bet you are just shaking in anticipation of a song list......

Crystal won the coin toss and elected to recieve the ball{ oops, sorry wrong sport}. She chose to go second.

Lee Dewyze was up first and sang, "The Boxer". Lee's nerves were oh so apparent as he took the stage. I wish I could say that he shook the nerves off, but he didn't. Simon compared the effort to a kiss on the cheek when he wanted a real kiss. Yeah, that's about right Simon! I see why he is paid so well.

Crystal Bowersox will try to strike an early blow with, "Me and Bobby McGee". It was great. She is great! I think she wants to win. Kara commented that he could see the "fire in her belly". Not sure about that, but I think Momma Bowersox wants to beat Lee like a red headed step child!!

For Lee's second song of the evening he sang, "Everybody Hurts". Well! If it isn't THE feel-good song of the 90's?! Okay, that is my opionion of the offering. Just okay. Simon simply told Lee that his next performance needed to be a "10"!!

Crystal's second effort was, " Black Velvet". Well, certainly not my favorite song of all time, but... Crystal sang her ♥ out. Kara even noted that it was obvious that Crystal was kiiling herself to give it her all!

For his last song of the season, and it would appear his first single, Lee sang " Beautiful Day" . The vocals were not so good!! And I was astonished to see only Kara with enough guts to criticize the performance! Simon!! Come on already, it's no time to play nice! It's your next to last day on the job!!

For her last song of the season Crystal sang, "Up to the Mountain". Her voice was pure and she had her eyes on the prize!! Simon said it best when he said, "Outstanding"!

Well now it's up to America. I will have to say that I didn't vote. I know, I know. If I don't vote then I have no right to complain. I agree to not complain.
Thanks for reading my notes and I will pick this back up next year, okie dokie?

PS - I will miss you Simon!! There will never be another!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment