And then there were just three left standing! American Idol wannabes took the stage last night for their last show before the big finale! For this much sought after show the contestants got to go back to their hometowns for a big ole pep rally! The contestants got to choose a song and then have a song chosen for them from the judges. I think most of America, like me is ready to get this thing over with. Starting off the night was the underdog, Casey James. Casey chose an unknown tune from an Eric Hutchinson, called "Okay it's alright with me". I was liking the way Casey looked, but what else is new?! Randy said my thoughts outloud telling Casey that his performance was just alright with him! Most of the other three judges seemed to agree that Casey blew a golden opportunity.
The next performance was from the lone lady left, Crystal Bowersox. Crystal sang, " Come to my window", by Melissa Etheridge. The song got above average comments for our esteemed judging panels, but no back flips followed.
Lee Dewyze chose to sing, "Simple Man" by Lynyrd Skynyrd. The judges as well as yours truly enjoyed the song!! The judges declared Lee a favorite to win the entire competition!!!!
For his second song of the night Casey found out, in front of a rather small hometown crowd, that the song selected for him from Kara and Randy was, "Daughters" by John Mayer. The heartfelt performance was sold beautifully by the handsome crooner. Dang I am gonna miss those curls of gold and those pretty blue eyes!!! The judges complimented the effort, no doubt thinking that he just wasn't in the same league as Lee and Crystal right now!!!!
Crystal's Song selected to her by Ellen was, "Maybe I'm Amazed" by Paul McCartney. Crystal did just a fine job as ever. The judges liked it. Same ole, same ole. The whole season long Crystal hasn't wavered! I only questioned Ellen's choice of song due to the repeating lyric of, " Maybe I'm a man". I found that odd, but maybe that's just me?!
Rapping the night up in a neat little bow was my favorite, Lee Dewyze. Lee's song was picked by our very own Simon Cowell. Simon selected the common, "Hallelujah" by Leonard Cohen (but properly owned by the late Jeff Buckley). A choir joined Lee on stage as he owned the moment. In what felt like Kara entering into my head, Kara told Lee that he defined what the show was this year! I couldn't agree more. Lee went from selling paint, to probably performing for a chance at a million dollar conract! I love it! I am pulling for him.
I guess here in the next two hours we find out who will fight it out like Reuben and Clay, Justin and Kelly, David and David...... Oh Who the Hell am I kidding?!! This finale will suck just as much as the entire season has!! You can tell that noone is really into this year with the small hometown crowds shown on the song selection clips from last night. So I guess the only thing left is my prediction. I predict Casey being sent back to Texas as the 3rd place finisher of what will forever go down in Idol fan's hearts as a disgrace of a season..........
Thanks for reading.....
0 comments:
Post a Comment