It seems like a rerun to some perhaps only with a theme change, as the top 9 performed last week on American Idol. Due to the judge's kind heart and that silly save thing, Big Mike was spared the fate bestowed upon him by America (elimination). I refer to this act as the Chris Daughtry mercy (oh no that did not just happen) act!! This means that two contestants leave us tonight, instead of just one. So anywho, thanks to all of you who noticed my absence last week. Orlando was terrific but I hated to miss my blog/note.Without further ado. this week's theme was Elvis!! The mentor was the flamboyant former contestant, Adam Lambert. I applaud the choice and confess to loving Adam's hit song, "Whataya Want From Me"!! It is just that I was such a Danny Gokey fan last year, that I took it out on Adam. How was I to know Gokey was gonna go country! Ughh.
1. Crystal Bowersox sang, "Saved". It is an Elvis song that I was quite unfamiliar with, but she was on her game!! She owned the night! The judges loved it as well. It certainly seems like Crystal is on cruise control.
2. Andrew Garcia was second with " Hound dog". Adam told Andrew that he needed to step it up and I don't think that Andrew answered the request. It was pretty blah for me. Randy said it was not good karaoke! I think that my once favorite contestant this season will leave us tonight. I don't know how Andrew could've scored enough votes to remain. I will miss him!! ♦♦♦
3. Tim Urban sang, "Can't Help Falling in Love With You". As is the case with all of Tim's performances, I expect it is his last and each week he sings again. This week's attempt was well received by the judges. Kara told Tim that it was her favorite of his performances. I sound like a broken record here, but I think that Katie, Siobhan, and Aaron have more fans than Tim. I choose Tim to also go home tonight. ♦♦♦
4. Lee Dewyze was up next with, "A Little Less Conversation". It was fun and sounded great! I love having watched Lee come into his own in recent weeks!! Ellen told Lee that he made that song current. He has got to be safe, he is that good!!!!
5. Aaron Kelly sang, "Blue Suede Shoes". There was a strange method of delivery to the song, tempo related. Randy liked the second half of the song and not the beginning. I agree with the Dawg!! It would not shock me to see Aaron go home tonight, but I doubt it.
6. Siobhan chose to sing, "Suspicious Minds". She loved meeting Adam Lambert. I hated Siobhan's hair last night. She sang as she always does, loud and over the top. This year's Lambert, for sure. The judges seem to be tiring of the screaming, but still a fan of Siobhan's. I feel like she is safe tonight.
7. Michael Lynche sang, "In the Ghetto". He told Ryan that Siobhan told him to chose this song. It was an excellent song choice for Big Mike and the judges loved it as well! I can't imagine a night that would again put Big Mike in jeopardy, but I was shocked last week!!
8. Katie Stevens performed, "What Do You Want Me To Do". I had never heard this song and I think Katie sang it nicely. Ellen made us L-O- L as she called the ditty a horny song, meaning it contained many horns. : ) I predict Katie in the bottom three this week. ♦♦♦
9. Casey James was last and sang, "Lordy, Ms Cloudy". I again found myself unfamiliar of this song. The judging panel was less than impressed. They have been loving Casey of recent and so have I, but this was just not that great!! I still think that Casey is a safe bet to be back next week.
In closing, this season's grip on my attention leaves much to be desired. It is kinda like getting up every day to go to a job you would rather not have. It is my favorite show and I love it, it is just all getting kinda stale.Next year's absence of Cowell may very well do the show in.
I can't think of anything else witty or relevant at the time. What do you think of this week's show?
0 comments:
Post a Comment