Donovan McNabb is a Skin now...

No, I don't mean he's joined Jesse James' Nazi Army... the Eagles have made one of the most dumb trades in my lifetime and practically given Donovan McNabb to the Washington Redskins.

One of the Redskins' main weaknesses has been at the quarterback position, with Jason Campbell never living up to his potential (although he's shown signs he can), so McNabb is a steal for them at any price. With Larry Johnson, Clinton Portis, and Willie Parker as their Running Backs, Santana Moss and Chris Cooley at Wide Receiver and Tight End, respectively, and if Albert Haynesworth becomes Albert Haynesworth again, I smell 2010 playoffs at the very least under the new Shanahan/McNabb era.

Donovan is by far the most underrated Quarterback in the NFL (maybe even in the NFL's history). In eleven seasons, McNabb became the franchise's all-time leader in passing yards, touchdown passes, pass attempts, and completions. He also led the Eagles to four consecutive NFC East division championships and five NFC championship games. He quarterbacked them all the way to Super Bowl XXXIX, a game they very well could've won had they not had the unfortunate luck of running into the wall that was the '04-'05 New England Patriots... and they still only lost by a field goal.

He was a three-time Big East Offensive Player of the Year while at Syracuse (he was named the Big East's Offensive Player of the Decade), he's a six-time NFL Pro-Bowler, and he was 2004's NFC Offensive Player of the Year. Hell, he even won the Pudding Pie Award in 2008 for being the MVP of the NFL Network's Thanksgiving night game. And, as a lot of people don't know, HE'S THE LEAST INTERCEPTED QB IN NFL HISTORY!

The Eagles FINALLY put a core of players around him last year that was far and away the best he's ever had. Now, they slap him in the face and say "Thanks D, but we're gonna let a guy who's only played in five games have your toys now. Hey, how about you go play with those Deadskins over there?" Philly fans, you should hate yourselves and your organization right now about as much as a fat guy hates it when he finds a Denny's that isn't open 24-hours at two in the morning.

The Skins have to play the Eagles twice this year, and I hope Donovan takes a big shit right in the middle of the field and flings it all of the Philly fans and personnel. They took him for granted for entirely too long, and I've got the feeling they're getting ready to eat their idiocy like the aforementioned fat man when he realizes that the Waffle House across the street IS open 24-hours.

P.S. - I don't want this to come off like I don't wish Kevin Kolb the best of luck. I really, honestly do. But Donovan wasn't the weak link with the Eagles, and never was. I'm still shaking my head in disbelief.

P.P.S. - Did you all know that Donovan played for the 1996 Syracuse basketball team that lost to UK in the championship game?

0 comments:

Post a Comment