Attention Summer concert goers!! Last night's American Idol gave us an insight to what to expect from the upcoming Top 10 Tour! I sure don't see this year's tour selling out arenas nationwide!! However I am pleased to announce that I think I have decided who my favorite this year is. But with that said, just how highly am I putting my once favorite show when I haven't even watched it live or voted for the last two weeks? There was a time in my obsessiveness of this show that I would schedule my extra curricular activities around watching at 7:00 every Tuesday evening!!
This week's theme was Soul/ R & B. The mentor was none other than, Usher! How cool is Usher? This guy is probably the smoothest of the smooth!! Hope his coolness rubbed off on our top ten...
1) Siobhan Magnus started the night off with "Through The Fire" by Chaka Khan. I have never heard the song before, but I liked it! Granted not like I liked, " I Feel For You" by Ms Khan, but come on.. The judges critique lasted what seemed like days for some reason, I suppose filling two hours required some space filling! Overall the judges just weren't impressed. Kara called it Siobhan's off-night! I feel like this young lady has done enough right over the weeks to stay out of our bottom three even with a less than fabulous ditty!
2) Casey James took on, " Hold On I'm Coming" by Sam and Dave. Brainwashed me, can see no wrong when Casey sings!!! I don't even like that song, but what does that matter? Kara told Casey that she liked the effort, but wants him to show her everything. Well I hardly think that Fox is allowed to do that Ms Kara and quit reading my mind. LOL Contrary Simon even loved the choice by Casey, offering the compliment of being "really, really, really impressed"! For those of you keeping score at home that was impressed times three. A trifecta!
3) Michael Lynche sang in my favorite three spot. Ready for Love, by India.Arie. India made some waves recently by questioning Lady Gaga's outlandishness. But that is totally irrelevant to our mission here, so. ... Michael sang the dog crap out of this song that I had never heard!! He sold it and he was ON FIRE!! The praise from our esteemed panel of judges was evident of a job well done! The only complaint came from Ellen, who told Big Mike that she hates when people sing behind her back as he did on a chair to the backs of the judges. Hey it worked! This dude has potential, he ain't playin'!!
4) The fourth performer was Didi Benami who belted, "What Becomes Of The Broken Hearted" by Jimmy Ruffin. Didi broke down in tears after rehearsal with Usher. Ryan later insinuated that she was calling upon memories of a dear friend that we learned about in Didi's first audition who had passed away. She looked gorgeous and glamorous in a tight fitting gold gown, and she sang pretty well. The judges were less than complimentary and Kara confessed to being puzzled on Didi's new identity. I look for Didi to be in our bottom three tonight and I can't imagine being wrong. ♠♠♠
5) The fifth spot went to Tim Urban the teenage heartthrob! Tim chose to sing, "Sweet Love" by Anita Baker. Do I need to remind you of Tim's lucky streak on the stage, and by that I mean the fact that he is on the stage. Afterall this is a chap, who was only allowed a spot in the top 24 after someone had to be sent packing for contractual reasons. Well as predicted this performance was horrible! But dont' take my opinion on it, listen to what the judges had to say to Tim. Randy told Tim that he needed to put some grease on it. Ellen said that she had gotten wind of America playing a drinking game every time she used the word adorable to describe Tim, so she gave them a few shots! Kara accused Tim of taking the soul out of that song. Lastly Simon thought it was rather like a mouse picking a fight with an elephant, but that it didn't matter because Tim would still be there next week due to the teenage girl's voting for him.
* * Speaking of elephants, how cute was Randy's freakin' sweater? Nice Dog!!!
Tim is so totally going home! Okay, so he is at least in the bottom three!! ♠♠♠
6) Andrew Garcia sang "Forever" by Chris Brown. I really like Andrew. There is something in his tone and deliverance that I dig. I enjoyed last night's jam! The judges received the performance well also, notably Simon who simply put it as "miles better". I hope that it was good enough to keep Andrew safe, but I am torn between he and Aaron for that last bottom three position.
7) Lucky number seven spot was held for the lovely Katie Stevens. Katie sang, "Chain of Fools" by Aretha Franklin. The vocals were very solid. I think America likes Katie. The judges like Katie. We will see her next week. Did you see the girl's earrings? Could've been a belt for Nicole Richie, I believe. : )
8) Lee Dewyze sang, "Treat Her Like a Lady" by Cornelius Brothers and Sister Rose. The ( umm ) new favorite of which I hinted to in the title of this note is Mr Dewyze! He was brilliant last night! I bought every single word! Genuine and groovy! Wow!! All the judges adored the attempt and Simon wants Lee to know that Lee's life may have changed forever with that incredible performance!
9) The singer up next to last was the heavyweight, Crystal Bowersox. Crystal sang, "Midnight Train to Georgia" by Gladys Knight and the Pips. Seated at the piano in stilettos no less, Crystal was as brilliant as ever. The chic can sing, she know her stuff!!Praised again by the judges, but warned by Simon to not change too much and not to let her personality get sucked out of her. But wait Simon, most all of us dislike Crystal's personality! Hmmm.
10) The always popular last performer of the night was Aaron Kelly. Aaron sang "Aint No Sunshin" by Bill Withers. A song that let's just face it has been sang to death on this show and others like it! Sure it was an okay version, but just not extra special. Blah comments matched the blah effort and I pick Aaron though it was a toss up for my last prediction for bottom three tonight. ♠♠♠
Okay faithful fans, that is my spin on this weeks Idol and I have to get out of this seat now!! Holla.....
4 comments:
I was wrong again! Why do I think I know America? Katie, Didi, and Tim in the bottom 3. Didi leaves and Tim stays? This Tim guy must know a billion people!!!!
That's why I don't like these shows. I watch Dancing with the Stars, and it was a travesty a few seasons ago when Sabrina Bryan was eliminated. She was by far the best dancer they've ever had in the contest, and she was eliminated fifth! Fan votes should count for less, and the judges should count for more.
Power to the people, yo!! I will have to miss next week due to vacay. Hope you will manage...
We'll live I think lol. But hurry back and have a good time!
Post a Comment