A "titan"-ic remake...



I know I bitched and moaned about remakes of my childhood favorites earlier today, but I'm a realist. I love Ray Harryhausen special effects, and Clash of the Titans is my favorite of his masterpieces. But, on the other hand, I realize that Clash is not a perfect movie by any stretch of the imagination, and is a film whose remake I can get behind. Especially when it looks as juicy sweet as it does so far... the image of Medusa above should be evidence enough of that. If that doesn't do it for you, peep the badass trailer below.

Taking over the role of Perseus (made famous by the human plank of wood Harry Hamlin) is Terminator Salvation and Avatar good guy Sam Worthington. And, in a fine bit of casting, Liam Neeson takes over for Laurence Olivier as Zeus. Voldemort himself, Ralph Fiennes, plays another evil Lord in this one: Hades, Lord of the Underworld. Hades is the primary villain, which is a big change from the original (which didn't even have the character).

Be sure to check this one out on April 2nd. I definitely will be.

0 comments:

Post a Comment