You shouldn't hesitate to visit the site and read the rest... I've literally read it for hours, crying tears of happiness and joy. It's quite possibly the best feeling in the world. I urge you to read. Please.
Here's some of my favorite examples...
Three days ago, my best friend died.
Two days ago, I found that she was an organ donor.
One day ago, I heard that a nine year old boy now had her heart.
Today, I met that nine year old boy. He told me that because he had my best friend's heart, he'd be my best friend now. My best friend and him GMH.
Last year, I was going to kill myself. I wrote a note and slipped it into my best friend's locker at school. That night, I was preparing to die, when she crawled through my window and kissed me. My first real kiss.
Kristain, I know you read GivesMeHope all the time. Will you marry me?
A boy was dying of cancer and needed an expensive brain surgery, but his family, broke and desperate, couldn't afford it. His 8 yr old took sister Tess took her piggy bank savings to a pharmacist in order to buy a 'miracle'. it just so happens that the right man witnessed the little girl's tears at the pharmacy counter: a neurosurgeon. He performed the surgery for free.
Today, I proposed to my girlfriend of four years in a nice restaurant. When she said yes, the entire restaurant stood up and applauded.
We're both women.
Understanding of true love GMH.
When my dad suddenly died, my girlfriend came with me to my parents' house for a week where she cooked every meal, babysat my three nieces, fed the dog, cleaned the house, and spent a lot of her own money on groceries. I later learned her boss didn't want to let her have the week off, so she quit her job to hold my family together. Her love GMH.
I have a little sister who suffers from mental retardation. My mother told her I was gay and that "gay people don't go to heaven'. My sister started sobbing saying, "It wouldn't be heaven if Paloma wasn't there." My sister's unconditional love GMH.
My father was diagnosed with cancer and passed away 4 years ago. Recently, I stopped by his online blog. I found out my son had been leaving him comments, saying things like how he missed him, and how he is studying hard in school, and that he would study hard to find a cure to cancer so that people wont miss their grandfather like he does. GMH
About a year before my dog died, he started to go blind. When my cat realized this, she began helping him find his way by rubbing against his legs, running ahead of him, and meowing loudly so he could follow the sound of her voice. The love pets have not just for people but for each other GMH.
I was recently working at a nursery school where I saw a 3 year old girl wearing tights on her head. One of my colleagues told me it was because some of the children had been making fun of her bald head. She had had chemotherapy. I later saw one young boy of about 4 go over to her, tell her she was beautiful and remove the tights. GMH
Today I found out about a 10-year-old boy who has been harrassed by his classmates because he refuses to say the Pledge of Allegiance. Why? He says that until gays and lesbians have equal rights, there isn't really "liberty and justice for all". Kids with the courage to stand up for their fellow human beings GMH.
At the grocery store I work at, a young lady with a baby just got done scanning her cartfull or groceries, but both of her cards were denied and she had no cash. She quietly asked to have them put back, when the man behind her said 'I'll pay for them' and smiled. They were total strangers. GMH
3 comments:
Bravo to you Chris for posting this. And thank you for not being afraid of your feelings. I too have been tearful with happiness because of this. It's absolutely amazing.
I hadn't read the ones that you posted until now so you've made me cry again, thanks. =P
I'm glad you like the site. The server has been down for a week or two and today was the first day I could view it. And like you, I was overwhelmed with happiness and could not keep the tears from falling. Reading those people's stories GMH.
I wear my heart on my sleeve. I cried when Dizzy died in Starship Troopers, for god's sake. lol
Whenever I feel bad about the world, I will always refer to GMH from now on. Probably one of the best sites you'll ever find on the internet.
Post a Comment