Remembering Corey Haim...



I've been finding out quite a bit in the last year or so that, as you get older, pieces of your childhood begin to die at an increasing rate. Another piece of mine died this morning at about 3 AM...

When I was a kid, "The Coreys" were a big deal. The Haim half taught us in Lucas to never quit, accused his sister Jane of showing off her tits in Silver Bullet, and found out that his brother Michael was a goddamn, shit-sucking vampire in The Lost Boys. Feldman and Haim's other films together were essential viewing when I was a kid, too. "Not bad for a kid without a license, huh?"

When Feldman and Haim came together once again for "The Two Coreys", I was sincerely hoping that they'd both get to hit the big time again. Now, it'll never happen for one of them. I just hope Haim's death serves as a wake-up call to everyone that has similar problems. I'm tired of losing you guys for no reason.

0 comments:

Post a Comment